Data connection keeps dropping after screen times out.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Data connection (WiFi and mobile data) both drop their connection a minute or two after screen times out.
So Whatapp loses its connection until I bring the screen back on.
I am using a Lumia 930 running Windows 10 OS, build 10.0.10586.420
Prior to a recent Windows update this functionality used to work just fine. ie I received Whatsapp notifications when phone was in standby.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Data connection (WiFi and mobile data) both drop their connection a minute or two after screen times out.
Prior to a recent Windows update this functionality used to work just fine. ie I received Whatsapp notifications when phone was in standby.

check this thread for more information on your issue as well as get better feedback http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile-insider-preview/428224-w10m-insider-preview-10586-420-discussion-threshold-branch-release-ring.html

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Fresh new problem. Try first a soft reset, then check if Whatsapp is allowed in background apps.
I could undestand wifi, but carrier has no logic...

ccourtney2

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi Again,
Although the soft reset appeared to work. The following day it was exhibiting exactly the same behavior.
Every time I soft reset, it works for the rest of that day but then falls over the next day!
Regards

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi Again,
Although the soft reset appeared to work. The following day it was exhibiting exactly the same behavior.
Every time I soft reset, it works for the rest of that day but then falls over the next day!
Regards

even if whatsapp can run in the background, is your phone on battery saver mode all the time? That would mean whatsapp cannot run in the background

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos