Whatsapp question

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

If I call someone on whatsapp and I am not on wifi do I get charged for a long distance charge or is it just using my data? My daughter is in Germany and we are in Canada and we have been texting and calling using whatsapp. Sometimes she calls us and we are not on wifi but she is calling us so I do not think that we are changed for the call maybe just the data. Does it take a lot of my data?

alinauman97

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
When you're not on WiFi, you're being charged for the data only, not the call, so you don't have to worry about the long distance. And as for the second question, you can use the data sense app/setting to see how much data WhatsApp uses. There is also a setting in WhatsApp that further reduces the data consumption during calls by lowering the quality.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
If I call someone on whatsapp and I am not on wifi do I get charged for a long distance charge or is it just using my data? My daughter is in Germany and we are in Canada and we have been texting and calling using whatsapp. Sometimes she calls us and we are not on wifi but she is calling us so I do not think that we are changed for the call maybe just the data. Does it take a lot of my data?

And to further add on what Alinauman97 said, the data usage is usually quite low. Probably an MB for every 5 minutes

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786