Nokia lumia 520 wont turn on

Intellect2

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
I used wpinternals to flash a firmware to my phone. It was during the flashing that I got to know that the firmware I was flashing is not the one for my phone(my phone is a Nokia lumi 520 RM-914, and I was flashing the firmware for RM-915) after the whole flashing process, my phone won't come on, and it won't boot into recovery or any sort. If I plug the phone through a USB to a computer, the computer makes a sound that it detected the phone, but nothing happens. I have tried windows software recovery tool, but it says emergency package failed to install... Please what do I do. (P.s after the flashing when wpinternals was rebooting the phone to normal mode a driver was installed on my system: emergency care suite)

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I used wpinternals to flash a firmware to my phone. It was during the flashing that I got to know that the firmware I was flashing is not the one for my phone(my phone is a Nokia lumi 520 RM-914, and I was flashing the firmware for RM-915) after the whole flashing process, my phone won't come on, and it won't boot into recovery or any sort. If I plug the phone through a USB to a computer, the computer makes a sound that it detected the phone, but nothing happens. I have tried windows software recovery tool, but it says emergency package failed to install... Please what do I do. (P.s after the flashing when wpinternals was rebooting the phone to normal mode a driver was installed on my system: emergency care suite)

Did you tried the hard reset key sequence?

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Have you plugged it into the charger from the mains supply that came with the phone, often when doing upgrades or stuff like that the battery gets so flat that plugging into a USB isn't enough to bring it to life, worth a try.................

Fulani Filot

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
Have you plugged it into the charger from the mains supply that came with the phone, often when doing upgrades or stuff like that the battery gets so flat that plugging into a USB isn't enough to bring it to life, worth a try.................
I agree with this as it concerns most mobile devices (including the phased out Symbian phones). Give it a gooooood recharge (a whole day ?) before trying anything...especially turning it on, lets see how that goes first.

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Dead/fried battery?

I ran into a similar issue with my 830. I've ordered a replacement battery and anxiously await to see if that's why the phone won't power on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans