I see windows 10 is finally out for my 1520 but I can't find anything anywhere about what stays and what is lost when you do the upgrade. Will I need to reconfigure all my email and such and re-download any apps assuming they are available?
    06-29-2016 10:35 AM
    I see windows 10 is finally out for my 1520 but I can't find anything anywhere about what stays and what is lost when you do the upgrade. Will I need to reconfigure all my email and such and re-download any apps assuming they are available?
    I suggest you do the upgrade. You won't lose anything in terms of apps but some things might need to be re-entered in case there are any issues. But the experience shouldn't be that taxing. Just be sure to do a backup before updating

The only major issue that some 1520 users have found is that lumia camera is gone and the new ms camera isn't that good in low light shots. But you can download lumia camera beta and use that

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    I suggest you do the upgrade. You won't lose anything in terms of apps but some things might need to be re-entered in case there are any issues. But the experience shouldn't be that taxing. Just be sure to do a backup before updating

The only major issue that some 1520 users have found is that lumia camera is gone and the new ms camera isn't that good in low light shots. But you can download lumia camera beta and use that

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    06-29-2016 11:14 AM
    guess I will see what happens. update is almost done installing
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    06-29-2016 12:49 PM
    Where do you get the beta camera?
    06-29-2016 01:05 PM
    Where do you get the beta camera?
    from the store, but take note that it might not install if you had never installed it before
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-29-2016 01:09 PM
    sucks I can't download it
    06-29-2016 07:57 PM
    The Lumia camera sucks too after upgrading. Deleted it as it will pop up a menu, reminder every time it's launched.
    06-29-2016 08:05 PM