Any recommendations? Here Drive+ had turn-by-turn GPS navigation for FREE. But it doesn't work on Windows 10 anymore. Are there any other free alternatives? Ones that don't use an internet connection, preferably.
    06-30-2016 02:16 PM
    Any recommendations? Here Drive+ had turn-by-turn GPS navigation for FREE. But it doesn't work on Windows 10 anymore. Are there any other free alternatives? Ones that don't use an internet connection, preferably.
    The official Microsoft maps app is the best way to go. It has the same downloadable maps feature.

Check this out: Here's how Windows 10 Mobile HERE Map fans can switch to Microsoft's new Maps app | Windows Central
    The official Microsoft maps app is the best way to go. It has the same downloadable maps feature.

Check this out: Here's how Windows 10 Mobile HERE Map fans can switch to Microsoft's new Maps app | Windows Central
    RumoredNow likes this.
    06-30-2016 02:20 PM
    Microsoft will continue to use HERE Maps data but many questions remain | Windows Central

FWIW, Maps on W10M has turn by turn with voice and draws from the HERE database for its mapping. Yes you can download the same mapping data as HERE for offline nav with Maps. Also in W10M you can save maps to SD card.

You cannot download voicepacks to get a nav voice distinct from system voice.

You can import HERE Collections to Maps Favorites in the latest versions of Maps.

Our Blog has you covered with alternatives for W10M as well: Check out these great alternatives to HERE Maps for Windows 10 Mobile | Windows Central
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    06-30-2016 04:04 PM
    Microsoft will continue to use HERE Maps data but many questions remain | Windows Central

FWIW, Maps on W10M has turn by turn with voice and draws from the HERE database for its mapping. Yes you can download the same mapping data as HERE for offline nav with Maps. Also in W10M you can save maps to SD card.

You cannot download voicepacks to get a nav voice distinct from system voice.

You can import HERE Collections to Maps Favorites in the latest versions of Maps.

Our Blog has you covered with alternatives for W10M as well: Check out these great alternatives to HERE Maps for Windows 10 Mobile | Windows Central
    Maps works fine. But without traffic in the nav screen, it's a big loss. Tried a couple of the others, but they were not use friendly.
    07-01-2016 10:21 AM
    I find it extremely difficult to Zoom in & out of Windows Maps on W10M - Does any one else face the same issue? Any solutions or tricks that i don't know about?

Appreciate your advice in advance and many thanks too! :)
    07-02-2016 04:45 AM
    I find it extremely difficult to Zoom in & out of Windows Maps on W10M - Does any one else face the same issue? Any solutions or tricks that i don't know about?

Appreciate your advice in advance and many thanks too! :)
    In settings, turn ON ease of access.
    ace_dxb likes this.
    07-02-2016 04:51 AM
    Maps works fine. But without traffic in the nav screen, it's a big loss. Tried a couple of the others, but they were not use friendly.
    On the bottom of rectangular menu, tap on the icon resembling three layers. Then, turn ON traffic.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    07-02-2016 04:53 AM
    In settings, turn ON ease of access.

Thanks, very helpful. I'm kicking myself for not looking there already.. :)
    RumoredNow likes this.
    07-03-2016 02:53 AM
    On the bottom of rectangular menu, tap on the icon resembling three layers. Then, turn ON traffic.
    Tried that and nothing pops up. No traffic
    07-07-2016 11:15 PM
    Tried that and nothing pops up. No traffic
    Found it. Maybe it was in the update. Or I just kept missing it. Either way, I'll try it out vs Waze.
    RumoredNow and Chintan Gohel like this.
    07-08-2016 04:44 PM