Text messages stopped syncing

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I noticed that my text messages from past few weeks failed to be backed up on a cloud. I checked settings of messaging app and Sync is turned off with a comment "sign in to your Microsoft account to sync your messages". There's a button saying "sign in" but it doesn't do anything. Also I am still signed in to my Microsoft account and other apps act accordingly.

I have Lumia 640 XL with Windows 10.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I noticed that my text messages from past few weeks failed to be backed up on a cloud. I checked settings of messaging app and Sync is turned off with a comment "sign in to your Microsoft account to sync your messages". There's a button saying "sign in" but it doesn't do anything. Also I am still signed in to my Microsoft account and other apps act accordingly.

I have Lumia 640 XL with Windows 10.

on the browser on a pc, change the password for your account - then go back to your phone, settings > email accounts and sync your main account - it should ask you to change the password on the phone - after this sync again and check that syncing completes successfully. Then check in the backup options for text

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

kuropatwa

May 21, 2016
Visit site
on the browser on a pc, change the password for your account - then go back to your phone, settings > email accounts and sync your main account - it should ask you to change the password on the phone - after this sync again and check that syncing completes successfully. Then check in the backup options for text

It doesn't work. First of all under "Your email and accounts" in the settings there's no option to sync your account. I ended up "Adding a Microsoft account" after changing the password and typing an old login together with a new password. Still can't turn on sync in messaging settings as it displays "sign in to your Microsoft account to sync your messages".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss