I recently picked up a Lumia 950 and have been very pleased with the experience. I have had it for 3-4 weeks now and the Glance screen repeatedly fails to download in the store. The error code is 0x803F8001. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the OS will not let me. I also am unable to modify the Glance screen settings. When I open the Glance screen settings, the settings app crashes. Last thing, I put the phone through a factory reset when I bought it. Any ideas or tips on how to fix this?
    06-30-2016 08:46 PM
    I recently picked up a Lumia 950 and have been very pleased with the experience. I have had it for 3-4 weeks now and the Glance screen repeatedly fails to download in the store. The error code is 0x803F8001. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the OS will not let me. I also am unable to modify the Glance screen settings. When I open the Glance screen settings, the settings app crashes. Last thing, I put the phone through a factory reset when I bought it. Any ideas or tips on how to fix this?
    check your OS version in settings > system > about > more info, What os build is it? It should be 10586.420

Second, I don't know if this applies, but can you change the storage of the glance app? Maybe that can trigger it to download and install

Also, try a soft reset (restart) and then try to download again
    07-01-2016 03:08 AM
    Hey, thanks for the response.

My 950 is on the latest production build .420 and I also could not move or uninstall the glance. Also I have had this issue since I bought the phone. I have restarted it many times and it still fails to download. I'm thinking I need to do another hard reset? Any other thoughts or tips?
    07-07-2016 01:00 AM
    Hey, thanks for the response.

My 950 is on the latest production build .420 and I also could not move or uninstall the glance. Also I have had this issue since I bought the phone. I have restarted it many times and it still fails to download. I'm thinking I need to do another hard reset? Any other thoughts or tips?
    try using sys app pusher to install it - that might work
    If that fails and you really need glance, then do a factory reset. But you could hold off doing the hard rese until anniversary update releases which is less than 4 weeks away
    Sammibulin likes this.
    07-07-2016 01:29 AM