I change my computer name and it just changes back to my old one as soon as I sign in? I tried in settings & also tried Windows+R (msconfig/sysdm.cpl/lusrmgr.msc/netplwiz) and it just keeps going back to my old name! At first it shows up but as soon as I enter my password it changes right back to it and I check all the settings I changed & it's my old name. Can somebody help me? -.-
    07-02-2016 12:17 AM
    I change my computer name and it just changes back to my old one as soon as I sign in? I tried in settings & also tried Windows+R (msconfig/sysdm.cpl/lusrmgr.msc/netplwiz) and it just keeps going back to my old name! At first it shows up but as soon as I enter my password it changes right back to it and I check all the settings I changed & it's my old name. Can somebody help me? -.-
    I think the name can be changed by going to my pc, system settings or something of that sort - the section where the stats of the pc are shown like processor, RAM etc

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    07-02-2016 07:45 AM
    This question is mine. I tried everything trust me, I went to settings & changed the pc name, the profile name, then I did the Windows+R thing & still nothing. I have a Dell Latitude E7240 running Windows 10. I'm starting to think there's no way around it.
    07-02-2016 08:25 PM
    This question is mine. I tried everything trust me, I went to settings & changed the pc name, the profile name, then I did the Windows+R thing & still nothing. I have a Dell Latitude E7240 running Windows 10. I'm starting to think there's no way around it.
    Change Your Computer Name in Windows 7, 8, or 10

Is that what you've tried?
    07-04-2016 04:36 AM