Any hope at all for the abysmal keyboard experience?

mouldywhale

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Ok, so I have a Lumia 550 currently on the fast ring beta but this problem exists on any release. The keyboard is the worst I have EVER used on ANY phone in my life. It's almost unusable. The following is a list of problems I am experiencing.

Never presses the key i want so usually the first letter of each word is wrong, the sensitivity and accuracy of the keyboard is completely inconsistent throughout all the different apps, it lags and crashes, suggested words are never what i want, I usually have to spend 5 minutes per paragraph slowly correcting mistakes, often spacebar isn't pressed tesultinginlotsofwordslikethisthatihavetogoandcjange.

I don't have this issue with previous versions of windows mobile, I have no issues on IOS and Android.

Microsoft own swift key which is perfect, accurate and suggests words brilliantly. Facebook messenger is the worst and basically unusable.

Is anyone else having issues?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
The issues most people had was with word flow which had become less dependable but that has slowly improved over time until it is almost on par with how it was on 8.1

From my own experience, the keyboard has never froze or crashed. There have been a few instances of keyboard hiding whatsapp chats but that's a whatsapp issue.

Do you have the right keyboard? Perhaps you're using the wrong keyboard - maybe US instead of something else?

I think if this issue is really hard for you and that if there are any other issues you have, you could do a hard reset with a clean install.

As for swift key, they bought it, right? So the original developers of swift key made it good, MS is just continuing with it

mouldywhale

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Im using the correct keyboard yes, but its literally a touch and accuracy of typing issue which only exists with this keyboard on this phone Lumia 550. Maybe its my particular handset and i really don't want to have to do a factory reset. There's no touch issues when using any other part of the phone or any other apps. Just the keyboard so its infuriating because I message people a lot ! I wish there were third party apps So i could test one lol

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Im using the correct keyboard yes, but its literally a touch and accuracy of typing issue which only exists with this keyboard on this phone Lumia 550. Maybe its my particular handset and i really don't want to have to do a factory reset. There's no touch issues when using any other part of the phone or any other apps. Just the keyboard so its infuriating because I message people a lot ! I wish there were third party apps So i could test one lol

or look for someone with a 550.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
It's true, nearly.. the predictive keyboard on my 920 (w8/8.1) was superb.. It went slightly pearshaped in the early days of WP10TP.. but it's quite good now on W10M, on whichever phone I use (830, 1520)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05