Lumia 630 gets the 10586.0.420 update. How?

Pratik Patra1

May 11, 2015
Visit site
So I own a Lumia 630 and was living a happy life before Windows 10 Mobile Technical Preview happened. I installed it on October 2015 and even though it lagged I was expecting upgrades to fix everything. Then in March I read about the fact that MS has ditched the 630 from the list of Technical Preview supported phones. I decided to roll back to 8.1, but the software didn't work at all. I was stuck with a slow, laggy OS that wasn't supported anymore. Last week I decided to do a hard reset and my phone was working better albeit with frequent crashes. And then, all of a sudden, yesterday I got a notification to restart my phone to update it. The build number was 10586.0.420( the latest) and after installing it, my phone has got a new lease of life. But why on earth did I receive the update, even though my phone is unsupported? I'm just curious to know.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Congrats! you're one of the few. I have read that some with unsupported devices were somehow getting the w10 updates.

Think they were using 920/925 phones. This could be 1 of 2 things:

1. unsupported devices will get the update at some point

2. some phone owners are just lucky :winktongue:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
So I own a Lumia 630 and was living a happy life before Windows 10 Mobile Technical Preview happened. I installed it on October 2015 and even though it lagged I was expecting upgrades to fix everything. Then in March I read about the fact that MS has ditched the 630 from the list of Technical Preview supported phones. I decided to roll back to 8.1, but the software didn't work at all. I was stuck with a slow, laggy OS that wasn't supported anymore. Last week I decided to do a hard reset and my phone was working better albeit with frequent crashes. And then, all of a sudden, yesterday I got a notification to restart my phone to update it. The build number was 10586.0.420( the latest) and after installing it, my phone has got a new lease of life. But why on earth did I receive the update, even though my phone is unsupported? I'm just curious to know.

before the update happened, what version were you on? 8.1 or W10M?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234