Using a Laptop 4k-Display and external Full-HD Monitor together. Best solution?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi Guys,

I bought a Lenovo P50 which I'm very fine with. It has a built in 4k-Display. It is running with full resolution and 250% DPI. Yesterday I connected my 24" Eizo (Full HD) to my Laptop, both are working with their native resolution.

And here comes the problem. The external display shows everything way to big. Just like I'm using it with a loupe.

The internal 4k (primary) has the DPI setting of 250% and Windows 10 shows me, that the second one (the Eizo) is working with 100% DPI. But in my Opinion this can't be true. I think it takes the 250% from the 4k-display an set it to the base of 100% for the external one, if you understand what I mean.

But I googeled a lot and it seems that there is until now no solution, because Microsoft handles that different to Apple? (Where it works fine). And I don't want to set the 4k-Display to a lower resolution (I know that would fix the problem).

I think that I don't demand something impossible? Or did I something wrong?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I bought a Lenovo P50 which I'm very fine with. It has a built in 4k-Display. It is running with full resolution and 250% DPI. Yesterday I connected my 24" Eizo (Full HD) to my Laptop, both are working with their native resolution.

And here comes the problem. The external display shows everything way to big. Just like I'm using it with a loupe.

The internal 4k (primary) has the DPI setting of 250% and Windows 10 shows me, that the second one (the Eizo) is working with 100% DPI. But in my Opinion this can't be true. I think it takes the 250% from the 4k-display an set it to the base of 100% for the external one, if you understand what I mean.

But I googeled a lot and it seems that there is until now no solution, because Microsoft handles that different to Apple? (Where it works fine). And I don't want to set the 4k-Display to a lower resolution (I know that would fix the problem).

I think that I don't demand something impossible? Or did I something wrong?

a lot of others have reported seeing this issue and what they do (for a temporary solution) is to restart the pc and then the scaling is okay

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss