Groove music on 950xl

Felipeicd

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
does anybody having problems with groove music? I uploaded my music to onedrive, so I can stream my own music to my devices, but for some reason it doesn't appear on my 950xl app, it does appear on my surface pro 4 app, but in my phone it doesn't show up, I already did a soft reset, I waited 24 hours and nothing, and I was thinking of leaving Spotify for groove but it seems that that would be a bad idea

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
does anybody having problems with groove music? I uploaded my music to onedrive, so I can stream my own music to my devices, but for some reason it doesn't appear on my 950xl app, it does appear on my surface pro 4 app, but in my phone it doesn't show up, I already did a soft reset, I waited 24 hours and nothing, and I was thinking of leaving Spotify for groove but it seems that that would be a bad idea

same account for both the devices? And are both on the same OS? Same groove music app versions - i.e updated?

Felipeicd

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
My internet connection is good ... but even if it was bad I guess that 2 days is more than enough to be able to hear 3 songs, and the stream your own music is simple, just upload songs to the music folder on onedrive, and then play it on groove without having to downloaded, at least that's how it work on the surface app it should work the same with the phone

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My internet connection is good ... but even if it was bad I guess that 2 days is more than enough to be able to hear 3 songs, and the stream your own music is simple, just upload songs to the music folder on onedrive, and then play it on groove without having to downloaded, at least that's how it work on the surface app it should work the same with the phone

so on the groove music app on the phone, there's no setting to say access songs from both onedrive and local storage? Or sign into groove music app?

Felipeicd

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
so on the groove music app on the phone, there's no setting to say access songs from both onedrive and local storage? Or sign into groove music app?
On the phone appears the same options that on the desktop app, so it should be able to hear my music from OneDrive, but for some reason the songs doesn't show up, it have me the option to hear my music from OneDrive it even show me how to do it, and I have songs on my music folder on OneDrive, but the phone app doesn't read it for some reason

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
On the phone appears the same options that on the desktop app, so it should be able to hear my music from OneDrive, but for some reason the songs doesn't show up, it have me the option to hear my music from OneDrive it even show me how to do it, and I have songs on my music folder on OneDrive, but the phone app doesn't read it for some reason

I'm having the same problem with my 950. I'm on the latest Insider build on both my SP3 and 950, have the latest Groove app on both and have 2 albums in my OneDrive Music folder (they have been there for nearly a month now). They show up in Groove on my SP3 but not my 950. If I refine the music list to 'On OneDrive' on my 950 then there is nothing there (i.e. I get the 'Nothing to show here. Try a different filter' message).

The music files in OneDrive are FLAC files, but these should be natively supported by W10 and play fine in Groove on my SP3. Also if I find one these files in the OneDrive app, download to a folder on my 950 and then open it, the file opens and plays fine in Groove.

Finally, I had this same problem before switching to the Insider builds on my 950. I was hoping the Insider builds would resolve it but they have not.

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Ok, it might be a FLAC thing. I just added an MP3 and that showed up on both SP3 and 950. Really odd given that the 950 can play local FLAC files and the OneDrive FLAC files show up and play in Groove on SP3.

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
maybe it was taking too long to download them? FLAC are usually large, right?

Could be, the files are between 3MB and 15MB, but my 950 and SP3 are both on the same WiFi network and I think the files are only downloaded (or streamed) at the point I play them? They aren't even showing up in my collection on the 950.

Still it could be the size, or an optimisation for mobile because of the size. It would be nice to hear from Microsoft. I've submitted feedback through the Feedback Hub, but I see there are already similar Groove, OneDrive & FLAC issues there with no official response.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234