I would like to update my phone but I have no access to wifi connection(my phone has not working wifi module after crash). I can't download the update using celluar data as it is "too big" for microsoft to allow it. Other option is to use computer with internet. Can you provide any advice how to do it?
    07-06-2016 02:26 AM
    Can you confirm if you are able to hard reset the phone and still have no working WiFi on phone? If that's the case, you need to download "Windows Device Recovery Tool" on your PC. Connect your phone via USB cable and follow instructions ont the screen to wipe out phone and install factory software on the handset. You will lose all the data on phone so would recommend you have all the back up you need before you do it. You can also hard reset the phone without connecting to the PC.

This is the only solution to fix any software glitches that may have caused you to lose WiFi. However, if this is a hardware issue, you will need it repaired by Microsoft, if still under warranty, for free.
    I would like to update my phone but I have no access to wifi connection(my phone has not working wifi module after crash). I can't download the update using celluar data as it is "too big" for microsoft to allow it. Other option is to use computer with internet. Can you provide any advice how to do it?
    Download a virtual hotspot app on your pc. I suggest Mypersonal WIfi, free and easy, so your web plugged pc become a wifi router, and you can connect all phones you want to it ;)
    07-06-2016 02:46 AM
    Download a virtual hotspot app on your pc. I suggest Mypersonal WIfi, free and easy, so your web plugged pc become a wifi router, and you can connect all phones you want to it ;)

It would be great in case I have working wifi on my phone as I stated in question.
    07-06-2016 06:13 AM
    Unfortunately WiFi is your only option for OS updates.
    Maurizio Troso and RumoredNow like this.
    07-06-2016 06:21 AM
    Can you confirm if you are able to hard reset the phone and still have no working WiFi on phone? If that's the case, you need to download "Windows Device Recovery Tool" on your PC. Connect your phone via USB cable and follow instructions ont the screen to wipe out phone and install factory software on the handset. You will lose all the data on phone so would recommend you have all the back up you need before you do it. You can also hard reset the phone without connecting to the PC.

This is the only solution to fix any software glitches that may have caused you to lose WiFi. However, if this is a hardware issue, you will need it repaired by Microsoft, if still under warranty, for free.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    07-06-2016 06:21 AM
    It would be great in case I have working wifi on my phone as I stated in question.
    Apologize, I didn't read that sentence
    Chintan Gohel and RumoredNow like this.
    07-06-2016 06:58 AM
    So there is no option to install latest insider build without wifi? It is HW issue as I tried to do hard reset in past without any solution.
    Thank you
    07-06-2016 07:06 AM
    So there is no option to install latest insider build without wifi? It is HW issue as I tried to do hard reset in past without any solution.
    Thank you
    then your option is to repair it or get a new device - both are unfortunate
    RumoredNow likes this.
    07-06-2016 07:47 AM
    Well this is just crap. I don't have limits on my cellular connection but I do on my home internet.
    11-17-2016 05:52 PM