Is MS's server for calendar syncing down?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Using Windows Live Mail & Calendar program on an HP DM1 running Win 10 HP installed and a Surface RT running Win 8.1 RT. Spreadsheets are syncing nicely, but not the calendar, since Tuesday night.

I've put in entries on both devices and no events are syncing with the other device.

Thanks in advance if anyone can provide answers as I don't want to continue entering the same data on both devices.

Bob

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Could be... Depends on the server. Microsoft has a vast network of server farms for various regions.

For instance, my Outlook runs off the snt server farm in San Antonio. My calendar runs off of the bay servers in San Francisco. I could possibly have an outage to calendar that doesn't affect email...

Check the address for your calendar (from the url) by copy and paste of the first bit into this site: Is It Down Right Now? Website Down or Not?

Example: my calendar url shows "https://bay01.calendar.live.com/calendar/calendar.aspx" so I paste the "bay01.calendar.live.com" bit into "Is It Down Right Now?"

Without knowing which server you are asking about, I could not give a definitive answer.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Badbob1952

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I did check the server and it says the server is up. my calendar server is bay02.calendar.live.com.

I noticed another problem though. Went to onedrive.live.com and checked the calendar and no listings either this or next week's entries. Yet ... when I use the calendar program that comes with Win 10, my entries are showing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos