When is Cortana going to be available in New Zealand for WP10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

This issue has been sidestepped by Microsoft for the last year and official responses to date invoke the culpability of language complications as to why Cortana is not available in NZ.

Language should not be an issue - after all, Cortana is readily available to most English speaking countries already (Australia, USA, UK). I'm disgruntled because WP8.1 gave me a superb hands off voice recognition system. But when I "upgraded" to WP10 I lost that capability. Not good enough, Microsoft. I know we're a small country with a small consumer footprint, but fair's fair

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
This issue has been sidestepped by Microsoft for the last year and official responses to date invoke the culpability of language complications as to why Cortana is not available in NZ.

Language should not be an issue - after all, Cortana is readily available to most English speaking countries already (Australia, USA, UK). I'm disgruntled because WP8.1 gave me a superb hands off voice recognition system. But when I "upgraded" to WP10 I lost that capability. Not good enough, Microsoft. I know we're a small country with a small consumer footprint, but fair's fair

you can join the rest of the world where English is spoken - we're still waiting. MS Africa even had the audacity to advertise cortana when it is plainly not available in any African country

Moosehoof

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
I'd like to keep prodding this topic along because i'm in the same boat. The loss of the voice recognition was a collosal pain in the butt because I used it almost daily on the bluetooth headset in my motorcycle helmet, and hands free through the car media system.
It's all well and good setting your region to Australia, but then you run into issues with buying things through the store, and more frustratingly anytime you search for a place on a map it defaults to search results in Australia. ARRRRRGHHH!
Sort it out Microsoft. I'm a loyal Windows mobile user because I love the way it works, but i'm nearing the end of my tether.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I'd like to keep prodding this topic along because i'm in the same boat. The loss of the voice recognition was a collosal pain in the butt because I used it almost daily on the bluetooth headset in my motorcycle helmet, and hands free through the car media system.
It's all well and good setting your region to Australia, but then you run into issues with buying things through the store, and more frustratingly anytime you search for a place on a map it defaults to search results in Australia. ARRRRRGHHH!
Sort it out Microsoft. I'm a loyal Windows mobile user because I love the way it works, but i'm nearing the end of my tether.

check for feedback and upvote it in feedback hub

Brucem125

May 7, 2017
Visit site
It really is time this was addressed by MS. If you are going to sell a product with features, then those features should be available. I can tolerate some delays but really, this should have been sorted by now. Chasnhing the default region to US isn't a proper option - tyhe defaults are there for a reason and thats to provide a range of proper customised settings for the users in their localities.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro