Windows Phone 10 - unable to change ringtone

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hey guys, I am currently on 10586.420 OS, Lumia 950XL (UK Unlocked/SIM Free), but even with the previous build, I've had this issue.

The issue is when I go to Settings > Personalisation > Sounds > if I click on the drop down list of ringtones, it closes Settings and goes back to the home screen!
I've restarted the phone etc, same issue. I already have a custom ringtone which was set many months ago but I am now unable to change it, not sure if there is another way of doing it?

Anyone experienced this problem?

I may have to reset back to factory defaults of course, as I also get random restarts, especially when using the Camera app, it gets stuck then next thing I see is the Windows logo. :(
When I reset it back to factory reset few months ago, I did restore it from a backup, but this only restores documents/photos, the OS is independent of the backup from what I have read.

dxdy

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
on my 950XL never have any problems with ringtones (have it 7 months)...

did you ever do install firmware and system with Windows Device Recovery Tool? from my experience on troubled Lumia devices, some problems disappeared after that

also try manually copy ringtone file via windows file explorer from PC to phone (not SD) in ringtone folder or install Zedge app for wallpapers and ringtones and try install ringtone from app

also you can try remove any SD or SIM card and run phone without it any card. see how works then

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786