Nokia Lumia 830 unlocked RM 984

cjs22

May 13, 2016
Visit site
I have an unlocked Nokia Lumia 830 RM 984 and I am still waiting on the official windows 10 update. I was wondering if anyone else has received the update yet ?

cjs22

May 13, 2016
Visit site
I don't have a carrier on this phone. It is an unlocked global Nokia Lumia 830 RM 984. I thought all the unlocked phones got the update first. The upgrade advisor says it is eligible.

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
My 830 was unlocked, too; but it also said "..We're working with your provider.." so while the phone is eligible, it hasn't been sent W10, yet. To-date, I don't think my former provider has still even sent W10 over the air.
I got the Windows 10 update by using the Windows Insider app.

Even when it's network unlocked (you can use it on any compatible network), you're still running the ROM from that original network (unless you've flashed it) and they are still in charge of pushing those OS updates, unless you bypass it with something like Windows insider.

cjs22

May 13, 2016
Visit site
My 830 is unbranded. The mobile operator on my phone says 000-US. I was wondering if I need to purchase a sim card and cellular service for the update to get out to my phone ?

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Why go through the extra effort when you can just use the Windows Insider app? If you select Release, you can uninstall Windows Insider after W10 is loaded and you will be running production updates (no preview builds).

cjs22

May 13, 2016
Visit site
I was told that windows 10 was sent out for the 830 global unlocked and to give it a few hours. I also had a concern about getting the official update while it is still free. It was mentioned to me today when I called about my phone.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have an unlocked Nokia Lumia 830 RM 984 and I am still waiting on the official windows 10 update. I was wondering if anyone else has received the update yet ?

Are you just checking through Settings or have you used the Windows Upgrade Advisor? Advisor is mandatory to get W10M, for some reason it is an opt in system.

I also had a concern about getting the official update while it is still free.

There will not be a fee to upgrade MOBILE after July 29th. That's an urban legend. https://www.thurrott.com/mobile/win...-windows-10-mobile-will-continue-past-july-29

Windows 10 Mobile is free of license fees for any device of less than a 7" screen size. That's right: OEMs don't pay to put it on a phone, why should you?

cjs22

May 13, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I downloaded the upgrade advisor. It states that it is working with my mobile operator and will send a notification.
Today when I called about this it was stated to me that they understood my urgency in getting the upgrade on my phone while it is still free and prior to the anniversary update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium