Windows 10 Insider Screen Tearing Issue

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

First of all HI ;)

I have minor problem with screen tearing on Windows 10 insider preview 10.0.10586.494 or any version before.

My phone is Nokia Lumia 925.
Everything is working almost perfect and i use Windows 10 as my daily driver.

Now the problem is that whenever i scroll something like multitasking apps,webpages scrolling,store scrolling or for that matter any kind of scrolling in general it causes terrible screen tearing like VSync is off in everything.
I tried soft reset,factory reset,rolling back with windows phone recovery tool and on windows 8.1 there is no such problem.
I tried almost everything and noting works to fix this issue.

Now i noticed some interesting stuff,if i hold my finger on screen and drag on web pages,store,multitasking menu everything is fine but if i only swipe shortly and let it go on by it self there is screen tearing,its like the issue is auto scroll.
One more interesting fact,if i soft reset i get no screen tearing for max one minute after boot.
Unfortunately i don`t have other phone with good camera to record this and post on youtube for you guys to see.

This is bothering me so much,if there is any fix,no matter how complicated is plz tell me,i`m slowly developing autoscroll-phobia from this issue LOL.

If you need any more info fell free to ask.

Thanks in advance.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
First of all HI ;)

I have minor problem with screen tearing on Windows 10 insider preview 10.0.10586.494 or any version before.

My phone is Nokia Lumia 925.
Everything is working almost perfect and i use Windows 10 as my daily driver.

Now the problem is that whenever i scroll something like multitasking apps,webpages scrolling,store scrolling or for that matter any kind of scrolling in general it causes terrible screen tearing like VSync is off in everything.
I tried soft reset,factory reset,rolling back with windows phone recovery tool and on windows 8.1 there is no such problem.
I tried almost everything and noting works to fix this issue.

Now i noticed some interesting stuff,if i hold my finger on screen and drag on web pages,store,multitasking menu everything is fine but if i only swipe shortly and let it go on by it self there is screen tearing,its like the issue is auto scroll.
One more interesting fact,if i soft reset i get no screen tearing for max one minute after boot.
Unfortunately i don`t have other phone with good camera to record this and post on youtube for you guys to see.

This is bothering me so much,if there is any fix,no matter how complicated is plz tell me,i`m slowly developing autoscroll-phobia from this issue LOL.

If you need any more info fell free to ask.

Thanks in advance.

Please check Windows 10 Mobile Insider forum, and post there for looking for other users.
Consider 925 is not fully compatible with 10Mobile

ColicII

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
First of all thank you for your answer.

What do you mean its not compatible,as far as i understand Windows 10 is not so much different from 8.1,its not like android or ios to say its not compatible its windows :0 :/ ,but OK i understand old phone they want me to buy new Microsoft phone i know how it works.

Im saying again,its not like nothing is working,everything is working flawlessly so far except that,like there is some setting turned off.
Its so simple but im totally new to windowscentran and i cant find anywhere any threads about this.
I literally registered few minutes ago,after days spent on google i find only posts but no answers at all,people have this problem on Lumia 920,925,928,830 even some report on 640 !? :/

For me its really annoying,maybe just a few people are noticing that.
I usually find solution to many problems in general,PC,Electronics,Phones,etc and don`t post on forums but i cant find anywhere anything about solution.
Is there any CMD on mobile to force Vsync or something.
Thanks for your answer once again,i hope that somebody knows something :/

Thanks in advance

ColicII

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I know windows and its problems it was a problem on windows Cyan and they fixed it with update,what now wait for 1-2 years for them to fiy it LOL.
I will rather go back to android :/
There is no way that they cant solve this problem,its not like phone is restarting,no network,wifi burned out or something ridiculous it god d..mn vertical sync issue :O

ColicII

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Nope
I just spent few hours on google and didn't find any solutions.
Is there some app that can manage system setting like vsync,cpu power states or something like that?
There is Redstone hack for non supported Lumia phones,is it fixed there,does anyone have something similar.
I'm unable to post YouTube link it says (your post will be hidden until moderators approve it)
or something like that.
There is video just search Lumia screen tearing cyan and you will se,I know it's on windows 8.1 but problem looks the same.

It's so annoying.

Thanks

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Screen tearing is an issue that should've been fixed on a compatible/supported software. The issue here is
a) Lumia 925 is not officially supported on W10M and...
b) It's already past or close to it's support cycle and...
c) Microsoft has basically ceased development of WP8.1X and the older W10M unsupported Lumias

This basically means in a nutshell Microsoft won't fix it. It could be as simple as updating a simple flag in the OS or as tough as writing W10M compatible firmware fixes.

ColicII

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for your answer.

I understand that device is old,but I always thought that Windows Mobile is platform that is easily upgradable.

But if you say so there is no other solution than to move away from windows platform.
I could easily trade my phone earlier this year but MS was promising Windows 10 for Lumia 920 and 925 and it was on official support list so I sticked with same phone and now they just don't support it anymore.

I believe I'm not the first disappointed in MS.
Clearly there is same issue on PC with Windows 10 in games etc.
No wonder why Windows Phones are loosing market at only few % total.

So sad,this platform really have great potential it's shame that is not utilized. :(

Anyway I plan to stick with this phone for a while,I don't need anything better for now,but if someone have any solution or same problem plz share your experience and/or possible fix.
Again I would really like to see it fixed.
Those small thing make great user experience...

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your answer.

I understand that device is old,but I always thought that Windows Mobile is platform that is easily upgradable.

But if you say so there is no other solution than to move away from windows platform.
I could easily trade my phone earlier this year but MS was promising Windows 10 for Lumia 920 and 925 and it was on official support list so I sticked with same phone and now they just don't support it anymore.

I believe I'm not the first disappointed in MS.
Clearly there is same issue on PC with Windows 10 in games etc.
No wonder why Windows Phones are loosing market at only few % total.

So sad,this platform really have great potential it's shame that is not utilized. :(

Anyway I plan to stick with this phone for a while,I don't need anything better for now,but if someone have any solution or same problem plz share your experience and/or possible fix.
Again I would really like to see it fixed.
Those small thing make great user experience...

there were various reasons why some phones, including the 925 couldn't get windows 10 mobile officially, and this is one of them where older hardware can't handly the more feature rich and capable platform that is W10M. You've seen just one issue while there were others that saw bricked phones on older hardware.

You saw yourself that it won't happen if you keep your finger on screen continuously while scrolling - perhaps make it a habit?

ColicII

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
One more question BTW

Is there any way to unlock Tint adjustments in display color options on lumia 925 or any other lumia that dont have this option,i was really hoping that windows 10 will bring this cause i have sligh Tint shift towards green witch is common for AMOLED displays.
I unlocked my phone to be able to access registry and edit so that any solution is very welcome.
Now when i look at my screen is a little bit greenish,not too much just slight tint shift as mentioned above,when i take photos of my phone and go to photoshop and adjust Tint by 10-20 towards purple screen is amazing,whites are white and blacks are black and not some weird green-ish.

Now there must be some way do adjust Tint,lumia icon and i believe 830 but i might be wrong.
This must be simple to implement idk why they didnt include this on all lumia phones :/

If you say go on google and search i did,you wont believe but there is nothing i can find about this,only photos of limia icon adjusting it.
Is there any registry hack or app that can access this setting .

Looking forward for your answer...

BTW those tearing issues i was speaking,they where fixed on 14290 redstone,i did hack my phone to force update just to see,so there is fix but they dont wont to bother ;) :D good job MS :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99