Third design for head/earphones?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
As far as I can see, there are two basic types of devices for listening to music

One is the earphone where you have a earpiece inside the ear or pressed firmly inside the outer ear part

Second is the head phone design where you have a speaker that covers most of the ear if not all of it

Now my issues with the earphones are that they cause pain when using them - after a few minutes, 10 at most, my ears start to pain, regardless of volume set - even 1

Issue with headphone is that my ears get warm quickly until I have to release the headphones every 5-5 minutes to let of heat

Are there any headphone designs where they have ventilation for heat release but also the speaker part doesn't go inton the ear but is a certain distance away, say a cm?

Saijin_Naib

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I've checked - kind of expensive but at least I have an idea on what to look for
Expensive? They're some of the cheapest, best sounding headphones you can buy. They consistently rate incredibly high for comfort, warranty, and sound quality.

With a few dollars, you can completely change the sound signature and comfort level by putting on leatherette pads, boosting bass, sound isolation, and comfort for extended wearing.

I'm on my third set from Koss. This was easily the best $40 I ever spent on headphones.

Do it! Join us! Haha.
2014-08-04 23.18.53 [X10].jpg
Don't mind the custom/poorly done paint job. I was experimenting.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Expensive? They're some of the cheapest, best sounding headphones you can buy. They consistently rate incredibly high for comfort, warranty, and sound quality.

With a few dollars, you can completely change the sound signature and comfort level by putting on leatherette pads, boosting bass, sound isolation, and comfort for extended wearing.

I'm on my third set from Koss. This was easily the best $40 I ever spent on headphones.

Do it! Join us! Haha.
View attachment 128483
Don't mind the custom/poorly done paint job. I was experimenting.

but it has ventilation? I really feel my ears warming up a lot
Plus I'm in Kenya - I've never seen these anywhere - shipping is out of the question - I'll be hit with 100USD in taxes and duties

Saijin_Naib

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
It doesn't really need ventilation as it doesn't cup over your ear. It is supra-aural and rests on your ear. The foam pads are open cell foam, very light, and they don't really get hot.

Ah, well if you can't get them, then yeah. I have no idea what headphones are available there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss