Windows 10 - No wifi connection to router

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hey. I upgraded my desktop computer to Windows 10. As soon as this was installed I was left with no internet connection, I check the Wi-fi bit and my router is not appearing in the menu however other routers in the area are. My other devices are showing my router and are able to connect to them.

I have restarted my computer and router multiple times with no difference.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey. I upgraded my desktop computer to Windows 10. As soon as this was installed I was left with no internet connection, I check the Wi-fi bit and my router is not appearing in the menu however other routers in the area are. My other devices are showing my router and are able to connect to them.

I have restarted my computer and router multiple times with no difference.

I've replied to your post the first time - kindly try to keep your questions for the same issue in one thread

Thank you

Gmd W

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I had to create a new account to reply. I had already tried what you suggested and couldn't reply saying that so made a new post stating that. Is there anything else you can suggest?

Azensun

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if you've tried this or not, but I have a suggestion: Go to Settings-Network and Internet. On the left side (column) click Wi-Fi. Ask it to show you all available networks. Hopefully you will see your router listed. If it's listed, click on it and review the options, one of which will be "always connect." This setting, when selected, will then attach your PC to it automatically everytime you power it on. If this doesn't work, the next step, which is a bit more complicated, may be to add the PC to the router via the router settings. Please check your router's documentation on how to do this, each manufacturer is a bit different and I don't want to send you down the wrong path! It's rare to take this step, but sometimes it happens.

Let us know how it turns out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire