Should I repair my Lumia 730 or sho?d I upgrade to 650?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Recently, I pretty much busted the glass on my Lumia 730. It's not like the phone doesn't work or something, but it's helluva annoying, so I'd like to have it repaired. Problem is, there probably isn't anyone, who'd like to change the glass only, so I will probably have to buy the whole display.

The thing costs around 70-80 euros here when on sale. Because of the price I started to look for new phones, and while new Lumia 730 costs around 170 euros, Lumia 650 costs roughly 125.

So now, 650 seems like the best choice if I wanted a new phone, but do I really want it? I had 730 for a year and a few months, and it would be a shame to leave such a good phone because of cracked glass. But overall, the Lumia 730 as a whole is quite old (things like no otg support and such).

So, my question: Is it worth repairing my Lumia 730, or should I rather buy a new Lumia 650? They are both quite similar, but maybe L650 runs smoother with Windows 10? Please, if you have experience with any or both of these phones, share your thoughts. Thank you.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Recently, I pretty much busted the glass on my Lumia 730. It's not like the phone doesn't work or something, but it's helluva annoying, so I'd like to have it repaired. Problem is, there probably isn't anyone, who'd like to change the glass only, so I will probably have to buy the whole display.

The thing costs around 70-80 euros here when on sale. Because of the price I started to look for new phones, and while new Lumia 730 costs around 170 euros, Lumia 650 costs roughly 125.

So now, 650 seems like the best choice if I wanted a new phone, but do I really want it? I had 730 for a year and a few months, and it would be a shame to leave such a good phone because of cracked glass. But overall, the Lumia 730 as a whole is quite old (things like no otg support and such).

So, my question: Is it worth repairing my Lumia 730, or should I rather buy a new Lumia 650? They are both quite similar, but maybe L650 runs smoother with Windows 10? Please, if you have experience with any or both of these phones, share your thoughts. Thank you.

I suggest getting the 640 since you get the option of using either 8.1 or windows 10 mobile. Additionally it has a bigger battery compared with the 650. The 650 for some still has issues with power management but the 640 is solid

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon