My excel files have been moved and I cannot retrieve them to my desk top.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My excel files have been moved by a windows 10 update to a windows on line site and I cannot retrieve them to my desk top. The files appear on my documents folders but when I try to open them a quick access window opens and asks me to save or move or delete, but all I see is a quick flash and nothing happens except that another prompt is added to quick files.
Windows 10 has been a real pain. It nearly destroyed my lap top. So I need to find out how to retrieve my excel files because I really don't want to spend hours recreating them.
I've done the reimage repair and all it has done is cost me more money.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
My excel files have been moved by a windows 10 update to a windows on line site and I cannot retrieve them to my desk top. The files appear on my documents folders but when I try to open them a quick access window opens and asks me to save or move or delete, but all I see is a quick flash and nothing happens except that another prompt is added to quick files.
Windows 10 has been a real pain. It nearly destroyed my lap top. So I need to find out how to retrieve my excel files because I really don't want to spend hours recreating them.

If you got a purchased office, your documents are in your cloud OneDrive account as security backup, you can take that opening OneDrive Windows local folder, selecting all your files, and selecting SAVE.
They will be downloaded in your pc.
That's a safety backup measure in case of crash or changing pc (I can assure you, as a pro user, it saved my work twice till now from a disk damage). You can disable that, after downloading locally all your files, disabling OneDrive in its settings

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

try a different browser and go to oendrive and find your files and download them, either individually or as a zip file

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb