What is opportunity of SBook discrete video in compare to integrable one?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

In Surface book there are both dedicated - NVIDIA Maxwell GPU Surface Book - and integrated - Iris 540 - videos. I've read, that these videos are comparable, at least - in gaming performance, so assuming that gaming performance is complete characteristic of video performance, I don't see the importance of dedicated GPU, and even don't understand why it is needed.

Maybe, someone knows, in which performance dedicared GPU is better (CUDA, video processing etc)?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
In Surface book there are both dedicated - NVIDIA Maxwell GPU Surface Book - and integrated - Iris 540 - videos. I've read, that these videos are comparable, at least - in gaming performance, so assuming that gaming performance is complete characteristic of video performance, I don't see the importance of dedicated GPU, and even don't understand why it is needed.

Maybe, someone knows, in which performance dedicared GPU is better (CUDA, video processing etc)?

I think this can answer your question in general terms: Graphics Cards: Integrated vs. Dedicated - TopTenREVIEWS

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte