In Surface book there are both dedicated - NVIDIA Maxwell GPU Surface Book - and integrated - Iris 540 - videos. I've read, that these videos are comparable, at least - in gaming performance, so assuming that gaming performance is complete characteristic of video performance, I don't see the importance of dedicated GPU, and even don't understand why it is needed.

Maybe, someone knows, in which performance dedicared GPU is better (CUDA, video processing etc)?
    07-21-2016 07:27 AM
    In Surface book there are both dedicated - NVIDIA Maxwell GPU Surface Book - and integrated - Iris 540 - videos. I've read, that these videos are comparable, at least - in gaming performance, so assuming that gaming performance is complete characteristic of video performance, I don't see the importance of dedicated GPU, and even don't understand why it is needed.

Maybe, someone knows, in which performance dedicared GPU is better (CUDA, video processing etc)?
    I think this can answer your question in general terms: Graphics Cards: Integrated vs. Dedicated - TopTenREVIEWS

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    07-22-2016 10:19 AM