I've attempted this "Free" upgrade countless times using conventional and non conventional means and every time at around 70% I get the same tedious and inexplicable failure code accompanied by equally tedious and inexplicable messages like "Page fault in non paged area" or the similarly useless "System thread exception not handled".
    So having trawled through far too many forums as an act of doomed purist optimism, I'll answer the question for them, they don't know and don't really care!
    Tough baby, if it don't work go and buy a new pc!
    Gee thanks Microsoft, you really know your own tech $hit!
    07-21-2016 04:40 PM
    I've attempted this "Free" upgrade countless times using conventional and non conventional means and every time at around 70% I get the same tedious and inexplicable failure code accompanied by equally tedious and inexplicable messages like "Page fault in non paged area" or the similarly useless "System thread exception not handled".
    So having trawled through far too many forums as an act of doomed purist optimism, I'll answer the question for them, they don't know and don't really care!
    Back up your files, reinstall windows 7 (Format the drive), update to windows 10.
    07-22-2016 12:28 AM
    try this tool: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...troubleshooter

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    07-22-2016 12:33 AM