How to re-connect to my wireless WIFI network?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi I am on Windows 10 and have been on it for a while. I had no problems connecting with my WIFI network previously. For some unknown reason, I had problems connecting since last week. I tried resetting the router and creating a new profile etc but it did not work. However I was able to connect via the Ethernet and via other devices e.g. handphone etc. A friend suggested to forget the network but I could not find the any network to forget. The strange thing is every time I try to connect, it asks me for the network security password but then tells me that I cannot connect to that network. I think the password is network security pw is correct because when I deliberately key in something incorrect, I was told that the pw is incorrect. Do you know what else I can try?

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear that you're having wifi issues. Have you rebooted your PC? Also, have you pressed the "wps" button on your router and then searched for the wifi signal on your PC? On one of my PCs, I simply could not connect to my network without first pressing the "wps" button on my router. After that initial time, it connects to wifi flawlessly. Hope that helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven