why is edge freezing?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

After the latest Windows 10 update, anytime while using Edge and surfing Facebook, well, at first, i couldn't chat in facebook for a blue circle would appear after just a few letters were typed and that blue circle (spinning) would stay there forever.

Then, Edge would freeze anytime I was at facebook.

In fact, the only pages that would not freeze edge were anything without images and anything that was simple plain html, Craigslist.Org for example.

I cleared my internet browsing data, reset Edge, used CMD in Admin mode and tried sfc/ scannow, that didn't work.

So, for now, I"m surfing the web w/o edge and using Opera and have had no problems at all with Opera.

Would rather use Edge but won't til the problems are solved.

The support from Microsoft, the actual dialogue built into WIn10, believe it or not, would just reset itself back to question #1 no matter how many times and how many different ways I informed the auto system of the problems.

????

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
After the latest Windows 10 update, anytime while using Edge and surfing Facebook, well, at first, i couldn't chat in facebook for a blue circle would appear after just a few letters were typed and that blue circle (spinning) would stay there forever.

Then, Edge would freeze anytime I was at facebook.

In fact, the only pages that would not freeze edge were anything without images and anything that was simple plain html, Craigslist.Org for example.

I cleared my internet browsing data, reset Edge, used CMD in Admin mode and tried sfc/ scannow, that didn't work.

So, for now, I"m surfing the web w/o edge and using Opera and have had no problems at all with Opera.

Would rather use Edge but won't til the problems are solved.

The support from Microsoft, the actual dialogue built into WIn10, believe it or not, would just reset itself back to question #1 no matter how many times and how many different ways I informed the auto system of the problems.

????

what OS version are you on?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99