In Windws 10, why do folders in libraries or Quick Access not show all files in the actual folders?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

In the Navigation tool, Windows 10 provides a list of ways to access folders and files, including Quick Access and a group of other file or folder names. If I click on something in the group of folder names, not all files in that folder are shown eg. 'Documents' is one folder name, but if I search under OS C: and find my 'User' name and the the relevant folder, there are more files there than show up using the group. This is frustrating as looking under 'OS C: Users' is time consuming and requires lots of clicks, and I'd have thought the main purpose of having groups listed was to avoid this.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
In the Navigation tool, Windows 10 provides a list of ways to access folders and files, including Quick Access and a group of other file or folder names. If I click on something in the group of folder names, not all files in that folder are shown eg. 'Documents' is one folder name, but if I search under OS C: and find my 'User' name and the the relevant folder, there are more files there than show up using the group. This is frustrating as looking under 'OS C: Users' is time consuming and requires lots of clicks, and I'd have thought the main purpose of having groups listed was to avoid this.

how big is the difference? Do you see files (that you use) in C but not in Libraries - my documents?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos