Groove Difficulties

MPetrozio

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
I'm on the latest insider fast builds. Most everything with Redstone W10M seems pretty good, except Groove. I use my phone for music a lot, mostly in the car. It's connected via Bluetooth to Chevy MyLink. In the last few builds, I've experienced some painful issues and I want to see if I'm alone here, or others are noticing the same thing. Here's the issues.
1.Asking Cortana to "Play my music" seems to start a search on the phone. The progress dots spin for almost a full minute. Sometimes after that, the music will actually play, but mostly, nothing ever happens. 2nd or 3rd attempt might be successful.
2.Music from Groove does not resume after incoming texts are read by Cortana, or after she gives directions while navigating. If I'm just listening to the radio, music does resume, so it's only Groove that's affected.
3.If I've left the car for a while, music doesn't un-pause when switching to Bluetooth.
4.Pressing the volume rocker sometimes shows the current playing song with the pause/play button. Sometimes only the pause/play button show, with no song title. It seems like knows something is playing, but isn't sure what song. Other times the song and pause/play button completely disappear. I guess that means the app has crashed.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm on the latest insider fast builds. Most everything with Redstone W10M seems pretty good, except Groove. I use my phone for music a lot, mostly in the car. It's connected via Bluetooth to Chevy MyLink. In the last few builds, I've experienced some painful issues and I want to see if I'm alone here, or others are noticing the same thing. Here's the issues.
1.Asking Cortana to "Play my music" seems to start a search on the phone. The progress dots spin for almost a full minute. Sometimes after that, the music will actually play, but mostly, nothing ever happens. 2nd or 3rd attempt might be successful.
2.Music from Groove does not resume after incoming texts are read by Cortana, or after she gives directions while navigating. If I'm just listening to the radio, music does resume, so it's only Groove that's affected.
3.If I've left the car for a while, music doesn't un-pause when switching to Bluetooth.
4.Pressing the volume rocker sometimes shows the current playing song with the pause/play button. Sometimes only the pause/play button show, with no song title. It seems like knows something is playing, but isn't sure what song. Other times the song and pause/play button completely disappear. I guess that means the app has crashed.

Issue no 2 has been noticed by others - I can confirm that
By the way, could you change your WC profile name? Email addresses shouldn't be generally used in a public forum :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos