DON"T DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10! I just executed the Free Windows 10 download. Once the system rebooted, I got a lovely message saying all of my files are exactly where I left them. Not true! I lost everything on the desktop, some software was deleted. I'm now working with a tech to help resolve the issues. Microsoft has created a horrible issue resulting in a time and tech costs. Very upset with MS.
    07-27-2016 12:50 PM
    DON"T DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10! I just executed the Free Windows 10 download. Once the system rebooted, I got a lovely message saying all of my files are exactly where I left them. Not true! I lost everything on the desktop, some software was deleted. I'm now working with a tech to help resolve the issues. Microsoft has created a horrible issue resulting in a time and tech costs. Very upset with MS.
    Instead blaming, a little search will let you know all your files are saved in Windows.old -_-

My IT teacher said the truth: 90% pc problems are between desk and chair >.<
    Last edited by Maurizio Troso; 07-28-2016 at 02:16 AM.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    07-27-2016 12:52 PM
    As Maurizio suggested, check in drive C, windows.old folder -your files should be there

Which software was deleted? Did the chat support help you?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    07-28-2016 01:43 AM