wHY DO I have to select "Retry" 5 times to delete files from a windows 10 folder

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I log on as Mark & Jan with administrator privileges. I go into windows explorer and select a file from a folder. I right hand click and select "delete. The message "Retry or Cancel" appears. I have to select "Retry" 5 times. On the 5th time it will delete the file. What can I do to fix this please so I can delete the file on the first attempt. It happens when I select "Delete" or Shift "Delete" Many thanks. Mark

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I log on as Mark & Jan with administrator privileges. I go into windows explorer and select a file from a folder. I right hand click and select "delete. The message "Retry or Cancel" appears. I have to select "Retry" 5 times. On the 5th time it will delete the file. What can I do to fix this please so I can delete the file on the first attempt. It happens when I select "Delete" or Shift "Delete" Many thanks. Mark

are the files you're deleting system files or hidden files? Does it happen with any file?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Markus_D

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I tried the scannow and there were no file violations. I have not had any updates since 17th March. I turned them off as they were consuming heaps of my download limit and costing $'s. Maybe I had better turn them on, but if I can fix this issue without doing that it would be great. Other aspects seem to be working fine. Thanks again for the advice. Mark:smile:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I tried the scannow and there were no file violations. I have not had any updates since 17th March. I turned them off as they were consuming heaps of my download limit and costing $'s. Maybe I had better turn them on, but if I can fix this issue without doing that it would be great. Other aspects seem to be working fine. Thanks again for the advice. Mark:smile:

try getting wifi or wired net and do those updates - the updates are there for a reason, this bug is one of them

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes