Roll-back not happening with hard reset of windows device recovery?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have Microsoft Lumia 535. I want to go back to windows 8.1 from windows 10. I tried a hard reset with the volume down and power button thing, the reset took place but it came back to windows 10? Shouldn't it have come back to windows 8.1? I did the factory reset again, and the same thing happened.

Recovery tool 3.9.20701 is also not working, shows proxy settings error but that was fixed (by unchecking proxy server and checking automatically something) and still not working? The error for recovery tool is

downloading file RM1090_02074.00000.15324.28006_RETAIL_prod_signed_1001_025CA7_000-IN.ffu failed.

I want to go back to 8.1 because my battery life is draining super quickly, groove music is not working, one note is crashing, photo app bugs, and most importantly bloody windows 10 is taking up all my phone storage. I have been on this for about 7/8 hours and extremely desperate/frustrated. Please help, I am ready to provide more information.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have Microsoft Lumia 535. I want to go back to windows 8.1 from windows 10. I tried a hard reset with the volume down and power button thing, the reset took place but it came back to windows 10? Shouldn't it have come back to windows 8.1? I did the factory reset again, and the same thing happened.

You can't get a reversion by Hard Reset or Factory Reset. It simply reflashes the current OS version you are using.

Did you ever do a registry hack to impersonate another device? That might account for the ffu signing error. In that case revert your registry to the original settings.

OR

There are two brute force methods to look at...

This one is probably best: http://www.lumiafirmware.com/ Check the tutorial for details...

This one is more of a step by step override and looks to be a PITA: https://stebet.net/how-to-install-a-country-variant-firmware-with-the-windows-phone-recovery-tools/

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs