Display is not compatible with Windows 10

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Yesterday, I tried to install Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool and it got stuck on "Checking for updates".

I rebooted and this morning I am trying again using the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant and, after months of this upgrade being pushed on me and saying my computer is compatible, it is now saying my display is not compatible???

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
IF you want the upgrade, change your display settings (not sure to what, possibly recommended) ...
and attempt to upgrade, again.

I had the same issue, originally, changed my display settings & it worked.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday, I tried to install Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool and it got stuck on "Checking for updates".

I rebooted and this morning I am trying again using the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant and, after months of this upgrade being pushed on me and saying my computer is compatible, it is now saying my display is not compatible???

as has been suggested, change display settings and try again

By the way, if you knew for months your pc is compatible, why wait for now? :cool:

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Matt Kaz

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm the OP -- made an account so I can reply. I'm already on recommended display settings.

I've tried upgrading several times over the last few months to no avail. First time I got this message though. When I saw today was the last day yesterday, I figured I'd give it one last ditch effort.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if it exists, revert to default for display settings.
Laptop or PC?
What age / vintage?
Manufacturer (maybe hit their website)
What OS are you running, now?
You may have to search these forums for a solution (more posts will make it more visible).

Alternatively, Upgrade Assistant should have an FAQ.
Good Luck - Windows 10 is worth the effort.

Matt Kaz

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
Laptop, close to 5 years old now. Thinking it's just too old. It's an HP g6-1d40ca. Currently on Windows 7. Thinking my graphics card may not be compatible (ADM Radeon HD 6520g)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Laptop, close to 5 years old now. Thinking it's just too old. It's an HP g6-1d40ca. Currently on Windows 7. Thinking my graphics card may not be compatible (ADM Radeon HD 6520g)
that's a bit too young to worry about compatibility stuff. Although the graphics card might be an issue, I would consult Google to see if anyone else has run into issues with that Radeon model.

But yea I've never heard of a display itself that's incompatible in all my time on the net.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Here's another thing. If you have a microsoft store nearby, take it there and they will do it for you. If they can't and your PC meets the requirements you could get a free new Dell XPS laptop.

mggm100

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I know 2 people who received that message about video incompatibility this week. One was on Win 7 and had disabled the Get Windows Now app. The other was on 8.0.

The 8.0 issue was solved by first upgrading to 8.1 from the Store and then to windows 10.

The Win 7 computer with the disabled Get Windows Now app had to retrieve it using the steps shown here.
How to get the Windows 10 upgrade icon if it's missing - CNET

Once the icon showed up again in the system tray, the upgrade to 10 went without a hitch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes