Windows 10 Mobile in cars

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi

So Apple has Apple Carplay and Google has Android Auto that can sync and partly replace the infortainment system in cars. Does W10 Mobile have a similar solution? I know Ford had thier Sync cooperation with MS, but that was ended 2 years ago.

Also there seems to be a lack of car companion apps for W10 Mobile. The only one I found was "Volvo on Call", anyone know any other car manufactures that have W10 apps?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft has got nothing for cars.

They do have nice Bluetooth text message handling through Cortana, but otherwise no Apple CarPlay or anything.

Doesn't make a difference to me since none of the cars I've ever driven had Android Auto or CarPlay, or even a screen that could display stuff in color.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi

So Apple has Apple Carplay and Google has Android Auto that can sync and partly replace the infortainment system in cars. Does W10 Mobile have a similar solution? I know Ford had thier Sync cooperation with MS, but that was ended 2 years ago.

Also there seems to be a lack of car companion apps for W10 Mobile. The only one I found was "Volvo on Call", anyone know any other car manufactures that have W10 apps?

nothing yet as has been said- though one user on the forum imagined the possibilities of using continuum in the car

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo