Why does Windows 10 MAIL open then close in 3-5 seconds

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Mail opens then closes almost immediately. No action on my part. No crash report, just closes before even looking for new mail.

Was working fine until about a week ago. Think I received an automatic update.
I see this same question was asked about a year ago but no clear explanation then.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
If you sign up you can reply.

You would be best served if you were to give us some more info, mobile? PC? model spec, build (Insiders or not), and I assume you have tried switching off and then on again.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Mail opens then closes almost immediately. No action on my part. No crash report, just closes before even looking for new mail.

Was working fine until about a week ago. Think I received an automatic update.
I see this same question was asked about a year ago but no clear explanation then.

check for updates again

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

aparthum

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
Sorry for not giving more info, new here and sort of hoped the problem would be a familiar one.
Yes, first did a restart, then full power down. I have not found a way to reverse the most recent update, (or even find update info0 and have NOT tried to uninstall

I use an HP ProBook 6460b. Windows 10 Pro Version 1511 OS-Build 10586.494
The application is "Microsoft Mail and Calendar". It shows a date of 7/20/2016.

I'm not sure how to get specific info about the app, neither right-click nor tools icon give me any "about" or "properties" info, and I only have 3 seconds to explore. It came with Windows and all settings are default except for adding accounts and server info
but based on size and date it MAY be part of:
Microsoft Office Plus 2010 version 14.0.7015.1000

I have 3 email accounts serviced by this app, including @yahoo.com, @usa.net and @netzero.net
I behaves the same whether I start it from the Start "Life at a Glance" menu or all-apps list
The other apps (photos, OneNote, etc.) seem to be ok

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for not giving more info, new here and sort of hoped the problem would be a familiar one.
Yes, first did a restart, then full power down. I have not found a way to reverse the most recent update, (or even find update info0 and have NOT tried to uninstall

I use an HP ProBook 6460b. Windows 10 Pro Version 1511 OS-Build 10586.494
The application is "Microsoft Mail and Calendar". It shows a date of 7/20/2016.

I'm not sure how to get specific info about the app, neither right-click nor tools icon give me any "about" or "properties" info, and I only have 3 seconds to explore. It came with Windows and all settings are default except for adding accounts and server info
but based on size and date it MAY be part of:
Microsoft Office Plus 2010 version 14.0.7015.1000

I have 3 email accounts serviced by this app, including @yahoo.com, @usa.net and @netzero.net
I behaves the same whether I start it from the Start "Life at a Glance" menu or all-apps list
The other apps (photos, OneNote, etc.) seem to be ok

so 2 things you can try - one is checking for app updates in the store app -open store app, my downloads and updates - check for updates
Or two, wait for tomorrows major OS upgrade which should solve this issue as well

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2