Questions about winning giveaway

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello! Good day to you all!

First of all, I'm sorry to the mod for posting this here, but I have no idea which forum category I should be posting this question to. Tried Windows Contest, but there's no button to start a new post, so I figured I might as well post it here. Again, sorry mod!

So I just found out I've won the recent Lumia 950/XL giveaway (link: http://www.windowscentral.com/were-giving-away-lumia-950-or-950-xl-enter-now ), and have received the e-mail from Michelle last week. I've replied to her mail, along with asking some questions, but she haven't replied me yet, and I understand this is most probably because she's busy, so I figured I would just ask those questions here, and hoping for answers from other giveaway winners, the mod, or maybe Michelle herself! :D

So my questions are:
1) Would I be given a package tracking number, or do I just have to wait for the prize to arrive to my mailing address?

2) Regarding the customs tax payment, can someone explain to me what it is and how do I pay for it? (I'm from Malaysia, and I've never heard of this)

3) Since the phone is from the US, will I still be able to claim the warranty from my local Microsoft store?

Michelle Haag

Staff member
Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Apologies for the delay answering your email. I was traveling last week and still catching up on things.

1) Yes there will be a tracking number.
2) When shipping packages internationally, there are sometimes duties and taxes charged by customs. This is not in our control, and varies by country. Once the package arrives in your country, if there is a fee that needs to be paid whoever is delivering the package will contact you to arrange it.
3) Not sure on the warranty. I'd guess it still has the standard manufacturer's warranty but hopefully you'll never need to find out.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi Michelle! Thank you for the reply! And no worries about replying late, I figured you might be busy, so yeah.

Anyway, I've got one last question. For the prize that I chose, will I be able to choose the phone's color as well? Not that it matters though, was just wondering :3

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey thanks bro! Well, I was in the same boat with you as well before this. I've participated in WC's giveaway for 2 and a half years now, along with a couple of photo contests. Just don't ever give up! Maybe one day, your turn will come :D

I did win through lumia conversations blog, but that was a tablet. I need a phone now :grincry:

davisesq212

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I was also a winner for the 365 Subscription and have not heard from anyone yet. I did not know who to email so I also thought I would post here. My email is <redacted>. Ive been monitoring the website and saw last week there was a delay but its now been 2 weeks and did not want to lose my chance in the prize so I thought I would post here for assistance.

Claudia Davis

Last edited by a moderator:

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I was also a winner for the 365 Subscription and have not heard from anyone yet. I did not know who to email so I also thought I would post here. My email is <redacted>. Ive been monitoring the website and saw last week there was a delay but its now been 2 weeks and did not want to lose my chance in the prize so I thought I would post here for assistance.

Claudia Davis

Hurm, have you received any e-mail to notify you of winning the prize? Because if you haven't, it either means your e-mail used to register for the giveaway was invalid, or maybe the e-mail was there but under your spam folder.

Anyway, I know for one that if they did e-mailed you, and you didn't reply within a certain period of time, they'll cancel your entry and give the prize to someone else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea