From within the taskbar I can mute sound or restore it. But when I click the sound icon and mute the sound, there is no cross in the sound icon so I can't visually see that sound is muted. Only when I go back to the sound bar window I can see that the speaker is muted. Before there was immediately an icon that said that sound was muted, also in the system tray.
    08-03-2016 07:49 AM
    try a restart and see if the problem goes away

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    08-03-2016 07:54 AM
    I did. But the problem remains. The sound icon in the system tray is indicating that sound is muted. But when I unmute, the cross doesn't go away and the tooltip says sound is muted although sound is on. In the sound window (slider) the icon only changes when I close and reopen the window.
    08-03-2016 08:58 AM
    UPDATE: I disabled all sound devices in device manager and then enabled them again. Now all icons in the system tray and slider window work fine!
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    08-03-2016 09:22 AM
    UPDATE: I disabled all sound devices in device manager and then enabled them again. Now all icons in the system tray and slider window work fine!
    that was going to be my second suggestion but you beat me to it
    08-04-2016 03:51 AM
    When I disabled the sound devices and enable them again, the problem is solved for a short time. After that, it returns. I can disable and enable sound via the soundbar on the taskbar. But the sound icon in the system tray doesnt change at all. Icons in the soundbar only change when I close the soundbar and open it again.
    08-23-2016 03:19 AM
    When I disabled the sound devices and enable them again, the problem is solved for a short time. After that, it returns. I can disable and enable sound via the soundbar on the taskbar. But the sound icon in the system tray doesnt change at all. Icons in the soundbar only change when I close the soundbar and open it again.
    can you try uninstalling the sound drivers in device manager and then letting it install them again by itself? Make sure internet is on for this
    08-23-2016 05:22 AM