Recently acquired a nice, but used Dell VP 8. When it sleeps, the clock stops. When I put it back in use, it shows the time it went into sleep mode. I've changed the sync options, tried to set the time manually, and every other thing I can think of. It loses time even when charging. Happens in either 8.1 or 10. I suspect the CMOS battery, but if anyone has any other ideas, I'm all ears. If it is the CMOS, where is it? Couldn't find it on any searches.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    08-03-2016 11:29 AM
    Recently acquired a nice, but used Dell VP 8. When it sleeps, the clock stops. When I put it back in use, it shows the time it went into sleep mode. I've changed the sync options, tried to set the time manually, and every other thing I can think of. It loses time even when charging. Happens in either 8.1 or 10. I suspect the CMOS battery, but if anyone has any other ideas, I'm all ears. If it is the CMOS, where is it? Couldn't find it on any searches.
    CMOS battery. Only that. Check google some tutorials via pics
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    08-03-2016 11:47 AM
    Yeah, I've been Googling tutorials for several hours. I've opened it up and removed the mother board. I sure don't see anything that looks like a typical cmos battery.
    08-03-2016 05:13 PM
    Yeah, I've been Googling tutorials for several hours. I've opened it up and removed the mother board. I sure don't see anything that looks like a typical cmos battery.
    Fear it's soldered under another upper component, bad thing
    08-04-2016 04:48 AM