Gmail: Mail or Outlook or browser or app

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I access my two Gmail accounts using two tabs in Chrome. This lets me be logged in at both accounts and notified when mail arrives at each. Emails can be multiply labelled and shifted around. I send and reply to emails and am 'seen' as having a different email address to my Gmail one.

I tried setting up Gmail in Mail on Win10 (anniversary update) on my SP3 but was missing most of the above features. Can I do better with Outlook or some other app or shall I stick to the browser?

TIA,
Tony.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
On my SP3, I never bothered much with the mail app or any other app for google mail. I use chrome almost just for google services to ensure the best and most consistent experience for their stuff.

Mail app is good for quick replies and reading, not much for organizing the google mail way. Hope someone shows me different!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I access my two Gmail accounts using two tabs in Chrome. This lets me be logged in at both accounts and notified when mail arrives at each. Emails can be multiply labelled and shifted around. I send and reply to emails and am 'seen' as having a different email address to my Gmail one.

I tried setting up Gmail in Mail on Win10 (anniversary update) on my SP3 but was missing most of the above features. Can I do better with Outlook or some other app or shall I stick to the browser?

TIA,
Tony.

you can set up more than one gmail account in the mail app
You can get notifications from both accounts when you have set up notifications
You can open each email account and respond as needed.

The only thing I'm not sure is about labelling

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

tonylinde

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I had joined the site but didn't realise I wasn't logged in when I posted. I couldn't find any way to set the from and reply-to fields when sending an email in Mail. Eg, if my gmail address is hedgehog@gmail.com but I have my own domain with an email address of tony@hedgehog.com and I have the domain set up to redirect to gmail, how can I make it look as though I am sending mail from tony@hedgehog.com and get replies to that address rather than the gmail one?

Thanks,
Tony.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium