Having problems loading pages in Edge (Anniversary Update)?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I've been having trouble loading many pages while using Edge after I updated. For example, when I go search something on Google and try to click one of the links it gives me, Edge hangs for a second, then refreshes the page. Then when I try to click the link again, Edge sends me to the "This page is having a problem loading" page where it says "We tried to load this page for you a few times, but there is still a problem with this site. We know you have better things to do than to watch this page reload over and over again so try coming back to this page later.". This doesn't only happen on Google but on other sites as well. I know it can't be Google's fault because I can click on links and it sends me the site properly in IE and other browsers. Is anyone else having the problem? What's wrong with Edge?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I've been having trouble loading many pages while using Edge after I updated. For example, when I go search something on Google and try to click one of the links it gives me, Edge hangs for a second, then refreshes the page. Then when I try to click the link again, Edge sends me to the "This page is having a problem loading" page where it says "We tried to load this page for you a few times, but there is still a problem with this site. We know you have better things to do than to watch this page reload over and over again so try coming back to this page later.". This doesn't only happen on Google but on other sites as well. I know it can't be Google's fault because I can click on links and it sends me the site properly in IE and other browsers. Is anyone else having the problem? What's wrong with Edge?

try this tool to check to see if there any issues: SFC Scan: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

If you have any extension installed, disable them one by one and check if anything changes

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss