Would like some guidance on using the Windows 10 Podcast app

Doctor_Who

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I love listening to podcasts. I've been listening to them for many years. I've been using my old Zune HD for quite a while to listen to podcasts. Well, either it or the Zune software is beginning to get unreliable. Sometimes it syncs podcasts, sometimes it doesn't.

So its time to me to move my podcasting activities to my Lumia 640. I'm going to give the Podcast app that comes with Windows 10 Mobile a try. I understand the basics, but would like some help with some of the operation. For example, if I select a podcast to listen to or watch, does the Podcast app download it? If not, how do I download it? This is quite important because of my commute. I ride a train which takes me through several miles and a long period of time, where there's no Internet connectivity, no cell reception, etc. So does it download all podcasts?

Another question, after listening to a podcast or watching a video podcast, does the Podcast app delete the podcast from my Lumia?

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
if it still works the same way, the podcast app automatically download episodes that you subscribe to and there is a setting for how far back (or how many episodes back) you want to keep. it will then delete the oldest one once it's reach the limit. after you listen to them the app just marks it as heard, I don't think it deletes them until the limit is reached. you can choose to download specific episodes too if you need to.

having said that, I haven't used the app in a little while so it might be a bit different now, commute too short now lol (well, it's a blessing :p)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos