Is there a way to clear the office cache on my windows 10 phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I couldn't edit a word document on my phone because it wasn't the latest format. I made a couple of changes and converted the document to the 2016 format on my desktop. I then brought up onedrive on my phone and clicked on the newly formatted file (change date showed the new date). My phone brings up the old document. When searching for a solution, Office cache interfering with the Onedrive cache was mentioned but no hint as to how to fix the problem. Anybody had this problem and fixed it?

Lumia 1520 running latest software with office 365 home subscription. Desktop latest updates, same office 365 subscription.

Thanks!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't edit a word document on my phone because it wasn't the latest format. I made a couple of changes and converted the document to the 2016 format on my desktop. I then brought up onedrive on my phone and clicked on the newly formatted file (change date showed the new date). My phone brings up the old document. When searching for a solution, Office cache interfering with the Onedrive cache was mentioned but no hint as to how to fix the problem. Anybody had this problem and fixed it?

Lumia 1520 running latest software with office 365 home subscription. Desktop latest updates, same office 365 subscription.

Thanks!

did you try deleting the old file using file explorer? Or downloading the new doc from onedrive>

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire