Windows 10 Mobile, Lumia 640 Issues

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello,

I have a few issues with Windows 10 Mobile on my Lumia 640. For the most part it works very well, but there are some problems I could use assistance with. Please forgive me if these have already been addressed.

1. I am unable to update due to storage space even though I have a large sd card too.
(none of the remaining apps that are on the phone can be moved to the card due to them being MS apps or error messages also I see no way to have outlook or edge save emails or documents to the sd card)

2. Some text message threads either crash on being opened or have what looks like html displaying in their place, then usually closing.

3. Numerous live tiles are inconsistent. All of the websites have the edge logo and not the page like before. Some of the games/apps don't show all the time as anything other than blank. Outlook often does not have anything beyond the date.

4. I have 4 gmail accounts, three install fine, one was installed and now refuses to be added.

5. Black screen & lockscreen counts differ at times with actual counts.

I can add more details if need be. Sorry for the length of this and thank you for any help or guidance!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The good news is that in W10M, more apps back themselves up to the cloud for you.

I too suggest a reset, after backup...

This should help free up storage. Depending on how many updates the phone has taken and time since a fresh install, many users do see system taking up more storage. Other things that can affect storage are chat clients like WhatsApp or even Messaging if you are displaying a long history of chat threads.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro