how can i delete pending update and preview builds in WM10

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have 1.25gb in my "Pending updates and preview builds" folder and cannot seem to be able to delete it.

I don't have anymore space for the 14393.5 update

Kindly assist

Thanks

BluWarrior

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
You will have to reset you phone unless you can somehow delete it in storage sense/storageZ (Win 10 Storage App) or on a pc via usb connection, but I would have no idea if either of those options work.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have 1.25gb in my "Pending updates and preview builds" folder and cannot seem to be able to delete it.

I don't have anymore space for the 14393.5 update

Kindly assist

Thanks

is this on phone or pc?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

kpadhiyar201

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
Hi All,

I am suffering same problem for couple of days. Searching a lot than found a sillyyyyy solution that is just change date to earlier than now and phone will automatically remove that files.

Sorry if you can't delete.
This works for me.

May Ur

Oct 29, 2017
Visit site
Hi friends,
I am just able to remove temporary files created by preview build. I just set date ahead 3 months from now on windows phone 10, then checked and refreshed in phone storage and surprised as temporary file reduced from 595 MB to 1.3 MB. I think Microsoft may have set expiry date of preview build. As soon as I set date ahead than that date windows phone OS cleared temporary files created by preview build.
Now the question is how to know such date. I don't have any idea about it, just I was setting random future date. And it works. I think if we set date ahead future years(may be 1 or 2,3 year ahead) it should work. I must appreciate to the person who got such innovative solution.
Thanks friends.
Hope it will work for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills