Unable to configure the gmail in Windows 10 preview version.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have recently upgrade the Windows 10 preview version (10586.494) to my Lumia 730. While trying to configure the gmail account, I'm unable to configure it & it's not even re-directing to gmail account login page. Once select the google in add an account, it's redirecting to some setting page & asking me to download the Chrome/Internet explorer/Firefox/Safari browser.
I'm very much interest to use the win 10 in phone but bcoz of these issue i would thing to downgrade the OS to win8.1 only. So kindly provide the solution to these issue.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have recently upgrade the Windows 10 preview version (10586.494) to my Lumia 730. While trying to configure the gmail account, I'm unable to configure it & it's not even re-directing to gmail account login page. Once select the google in add an account, it's redirecting to some setting page & asking me to download the Chrome/Internet explorer/Firefox/Safari browser.
I'm very much interest to use the win 10 in phone but bcoz of these issue i would thing to downgrade the OS to win8.1 only. So kindly provide the solution to these issue.

check these threads: http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile-insider-preview/355537-how-can-i-add-gmail-account-windows-phone-10-a.html

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile-insider-preview/420725-adding-gmail-account-your-browser-not-supported-anymore.html

Basically it seems like an issue from Google and not MS

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

check out this ARTICLE,it will direct you how to :)

OR You can follow these steps(AS MENTIONED IN THE ARTICLE) :

:>Open the Account settings in the Mail app
:>When you see the "Choose an account" menu, click "Other account" which is right above Advanced setup
:>Enter your full Gmail email address and password. IF YOU HAVE 2-FACTOR AUTH ENABLED, YOU MUST CREATE AN APPLICATION PASSWORD AND USE THAT INSTEAD
:>From there you should start getting e-mail

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb