why won't edge stay open?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

When I attempt to open edge, it automatically closes faster than I can type in a web address. A couple of days ago I successfully opened edge and went to www.ebay.com. After closing that, I went to www,hemmings.com. Suddenly a window opened up asking me to type something into a window because the browser supposed I might be a robot. I did the step. A dialog box said that my response would be somehow checked in time. More than 48 hours have gone by.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
When I attempt to open edge, it automatically closes faster than I can type in a web address. A couple of days ago I successfully opened edge and went to Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles, Coupons and More | eBay. After closing that, I went to www,hemmings.com. Suddenly a window opened up asking me to type something into a window because the browser supposed I might be a robot. I did the step. A dialog box said that my response would be somehow checked in time. More than 48 hours have gone by.

kindly join the forums, we need to know what device and OS build you are on. :)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
When I attempt to open edge, it automatically closes faster than I can type in a web address. A couple of days ago I successfully opened edge and went to Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles, Coupons and More | eBay. After closing that, I went to www,hemmings.com. Suddenly a window opened up asking me to type something into a window because the browser supposed I might be a robot. I did the step. A dialog box said that my response would be somehow checked in time. More than 48 hours have gone by.

if you're on pc and you have the anniversary update, try to reset edge by going to settings > system > apps > select edge, advanced options and reset
If that doesn't work, try this: SFC Scan: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss