Why am i stuck on windows build 10240???

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have tried just about every method out there!

I have been getting the automatic downloads and restarts since I purchased the computer and never once did I question it.

Then I hear about this "anniversary update" and all the new features and I think "well I want that, lemme get it."

Turns out I'M STILL ON THE SAME VERSION THAT I WAS WHEN I PURCHASED THE FREAKIN THING! Also, when I check update history, THE DAMNED THING HASN'T UPDATED A SINGLE TIME!

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

I have been getting the automatic downloads and restarts since I purchased the computer and never once did I question it.

Then I hear about this "anniversary update" and all the new features and I think "well I want that, lemme get it."

Turns out I'M STILL ON THE SAME VERSION THAT I WAS WHEN I PURCHASED THE FREAKIN THING! Also, when I check update history, THE DAMNED THING HASN'T UPDATED A SINGLE TIME!

i dont know whats wrong with your system , but i can show you a way to get Anniversary update . Download Media creation tool, make a bootable disc and when you boot from disc it will give to 2 options > upgrade your computer & >fresh install. choose whichever you prefer .

OR you can use the update utility form the microsoft website to force update your system to AU

Media creation tool will get you the latest AU update build i.e. 14393.10 :)

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site

I also faced this problem.
Then this link solved my problem (to jump from 10240 to Build 1511,,, last week, i downloaded build 1607 with this)--
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...are-download%2Fwindows10ISO%2F&token=6oPucKcd

*Download the ISO with Internet Download Accelerator or IDM , having pause | resume feature.

Need further help?!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire