The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    I have tried just about every method out there!

I have been getting the automatic downloads and restarts since I purchased the computer and never once did I question it.

Then I hear about this "anniversary update" and all the new features and I think "well I want that, lemme get it."

Turns out I'M STILL ON THE SAME VERSION THAT I WAS WHEN I PURCHASED THE FREAKIN THING! Also, when I check update history, THE DAMNED THING HASN'T UPDATED A SINGLE TIME!
    08-07-2016 10:49 AM

I have been getting the automatic downloads and restarts since I purchased the computer and never once did I question it.

Then I hear about this "anniversary update" and all the new features and I think "well I want that, lemme get it."

Turns out I'M STILL ON THE SAME VERSION THAT I WAS WHEN I PURCHASED THE FREAKIN THING! Also, when I check update history, THE DAMNED THING HASN'T UPDATED A SINGLE TIME!
    i dont know whats wrong with your system , but i can show you a way to get Anniversary update . Download Media creation tool, make a bootable disc and when you boot from disc it will give to 2 options > upgrade your computer & >fresh install. choose whichever you prefer .

OR you can use the update utility form the microsoft website to force update your system to AU

Media creation tool will get you the latest AU update build i.e. 14393.10 :)
    08-07-2016 11:07 AM
    I am yet to boot from another disk, I have only tried the "upgrade PC now" option. I'll update on how it goes!
    08-08-2016 01:20 PM

I also faced this problem.
    Then this link solved my problem (to jump from 10240 to Build 1511,,, last week, i downloaded build 1607 with this)--
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=1dGe8gUV

*Download the ISO with Internet Download Accelerator or IDM , having pause | resume feature.

Need further help?!
    Last edited by Aman Deep Singh; 08-08-2016 at 01:39 PM.
    08-08-2016 01:25 PM
    I am yet to boot from another disk, I have only tried the "upgrade PC now" option. I'll update on how it goes!
    or check that there's no update error/issue: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...troubleshooter
    08-09-2016 03:51 AM