Here Drive+ on Windows Phone 8.1 maps for Moldova does not work

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi,

I am using Here Drive+ navigation on my Windows phone 8.1
I am located in Bulgaria and evertything works fine - completely offline, all required maps are downloaded. I used it to travel to different countries and calculates the route as expected.

Now I plan to travel to Moldova and downloaded the map of Moldova (90 MB).

When I want to find a route to any city in Moldova, I receive the message:

"NO NAVIGATION - your route runs through a country or are where navigation isnt` available yet."

This happens only when I want to calculate a route to a town in Moldova. For all other counttries for which I have downloaded maps it is working fine (Romania, Greece, Croatia, Austria, etc.)

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
It might be as it says, navigation isn't available there. Can you get a route if you use the default here maps?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

ESE12

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

Just tested with Here Maps and the answer is yes - it find the route from Sofia to the city I entered in Moldova. It works in Here Maps.
After the route has been calculated, Here Drive gives you the option "Start Navigation".

If you click on "Start Navigation" , it forwards you to Here Drive + and the same error message appears:
"NO NAVIGATION - your route runs through a country or area where navigation isnt` available yet."

I doubt that there is no navigation for Moldova, because there is a map you can download and it is 90 MB. It should be pretty detailed.
And it works in Here Maps...

Thanks for any feedback.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

Just tested with Here Maps and the answer is yes - it find the route from Sofia to the city I entered in Moldova. It works in Here Maps.
After the route has been calculated, Here Drive gives you the option "Start Navigation".

If you click on "Start Navigation" , it forwards you to Here Drive + and the same error message appears:
"NO NAVIGATION - your route runs through a country or area where navigation isnt` available yet."

I doubt that there is no navigation for Moldova, because there is a map you can download and it is 90 MB. It should be pretty detailed.
And it works in Here Maps...

Thanks for any feedback.

the problem might be the turn by turn directions and not necessarily the map data

ESE12

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
It might be... Unfortunately I am not able to find any info how to fix it.
Because it will be nice to have turn-by-turn navigation in a foreign country...

If someone has any suggestions or can test in his/her own 8.1 Windows Phone it will be fine. Just to know if the problem is not with my phone.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3