The Win 10 anniversary update deleted all my desktop application icons and having no luck in finding them or the ability to delve into the system. Is there a hidden switch to turn them all on again, about 60 of them.
    I am pissed off with this Win 10 and having heard they intend to look after win 7 till 2023 I am seriously thinking of ripping the heart out this version.
    Ropar
    08-08-2016 11:23 AM
    The last step of the build migration (the anniversary update) is to copy your user files back to their folder under the C:\Users folder. I've seen where this hasn't been done yet and if you give it a few minutes and reboot, the migration finishes properly (previously you'll get logged in to a "temp profile"). If you open your C:\Users folder, do you see a folder with your username inside?
    08-08-2016 11:50 AM
    The Win 10 anniversary update deleted all my desktop application icons and having no luck in finding them or the ability to delve into the system. Is there a hidden switch to turn them all on again, about 60 of them.
    I am pissed off with this Win 10 and having heard they intend to look after win 7 till 2023 I am seriously thinking of ripping the heart out this version.
    Ropar
    check for OS updates again and restart and check

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    08-09-2016 07:47 AM