Win 10 anniversary deleted all my dektop icons

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

The Win 10 anniversary update deleted all my desktop application icons and having no luck in finding them or the ability to delve into the system. Is there a hidden switch to turn them all on again, about 60 of them.
I am pissed off with this Win 10 and having heard they intend to look after win 7 till 2023 I am seriously thinking of ripping the heart out this version.
Ropar

CmdrKeene

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The last step of the build migration (the anniversary update) is to copy your user files back to their folder under the C:\Users folder. I've seen where this hasn't been done yet and if you give it a few minutes and reboot, the migration finishes properly (previously you'll get logged in to a "temp profile"). If you open your C:\Users folder, do you see a folder with your username inside?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
The Win 10 anniversary update deleted all my desktop application icons and having no luck in finding them or the ability to delve into the system. Is there a hidden switch to turn them all on again, about 60 of them.
I am pissed off with this Win 10 and having heard they intend to look after win 7 till 2023 I am seriously thinking of ripping the heart out this version.
Ropar

check for OS updates again and restart and check

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss